Saturday, January 07, 2023

New Beginnings

  Hello, dear readers.  So much has happened since my last blog post.

  This is difficult to write, as when I left off we were joyously expecting our third baby.  Sadly, we lost it shortly thereafter.  We've been heartbroken.

  To say it has been a difficult year would be an understatement. A miscarriage, two ER visits, multiple doctor appointments,  a PCOS diagnosis, and a cancer scare (which thankfully turned out to be a false alarm) made up the bulk of it.

 When we go through difficult things, we hurt and we grieve and everything seems to come to a standstill, if not all crashing down.  It is the way of things and there is a time for it.  

  But there is also a time to press on, and I am ready.  


  "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance;

A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."

- Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

  Last year knocked me down, but here I am getting back up.  It is a new year with new beginnings.  I am ready for hope and happiness and delighting in the things I enjoy.  Will you join me?

~

  Thank you to those of you who have checked on me and prayed for me.  Your support and kindness have meant so much.

13 comments:

  1. Kelsey, sometimes life knocks us down doesn't it and we need to step back in order to heal. May this blog be a means of further healing for you as you continue to work your way through the grief and loss. I look forward to coming here for virtual visits again. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Patsy. It's good to be back and I'm glad to have you here, too!

      Delete
  2. I am sorry for all you have been through and hope that this space will be healing for you. Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so heartened that you're feeling better and are glad you are back. I know firsthand that autoimmune diseases can be very hard and flares can be crippling, but I also know that our God is bigger and sees us through those difficult times. Blessings to you and your sweet family. Cookie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cookie. I agree that God is so much bigger. He has led me to some dietary changes, which have helped immensely with my condition/symptoms, so that is something I will continue to learn about and implement this year.
      I'm glad to have you here, Cookie!

      Delete
    2. Kelsey, I have been following the autoimmune protocol using only low histamine foods for the past 3 years. Happy to share any experience I have had on them with you. Cookie

      Delete
  4. So very, very sorry. We, too, have lost a little one. Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. I am deeply sorry for your loss as well. ❤

      Delete
  5. Dear Kelsey, a few years ago you encouraged me by email, I hope I can give you encouragement now. I am so sorry that you had a miscarriage. You are in my prayers. Lots of love, Bridget- Australia (otherwise known as Lily on Bluebirds Are Nesting)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lily. That really does mean a lot to me. I'm glad to see you here.💕

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss, Kelsey.
    Sometimes things don't go as we planed and we can't understand way, but I know that God will comfort yours and your husband's hearts and that now the time to smile and embrace His blessings as come.
    God bless you both.💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Paula. 💕 I'm grateful that God is our Comforter.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Please keep your comments kind.

"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." Ephesians 4:29