Saturday, February 22, 2020

Someday, When Things are Perfect

  Very rarely, if ever, will you hear me say, "I don't care what it looks like." As Colton would say, I like pretty things.  It's true. I like to beautify things, even very practical things, and I notice small details like color, texture, and balance when it comes to just about everything. Whether it's decorating our home or designing a compost bin, I like it to be pleasing to the eye.

  There is a part of me, the perfectionist part, who would love to have a perfectly curated blog full of lovely pictures, inspiring quotes, and whimsical stories. That part of me told me so many times before starting this blog to wait until someday, when things are perfect. Wait until things are pretty so you can take nicer photos, wait until projects are complete so things are not so messy, wait until you actually have some clue about how to write a blog post, and the list goes on.

But you know what? Life just doesn't work that way, and if we wait until things are perfect, we miss out on so much. "Someday, when things are perfect" is never going to happen this side of Heaven. And it wouldn't be a blog about our progress on our little farmstead if all I did was show you the finished product. Where's the inspiration in that?

So if you follow along, you'll see some messes, mistakes, and lots of imperfections, but you'll also see a lot of love, dedication, and gratitude for the life God has blessed us with. 

This is our story, and it's absolutely beautiful.


The chicken coop, built entirely by my amazing husband. I hope to add some landscaping and maybe a little wreath on the door to dress it up. Disclaimer: I did move a ladder and some shovels and pots before taking the photo. ;)





4 comments:

  1. Kelsey, so glad you have joined the blogging world! I look forward to learning from you! Your chicken coop is amazing! Your hubby did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Patsi! I'm so glad to have you here. You and your blog are a huge inspiration!

      Delete
  2. Kelsey, I enjoyed reading your blog. Glad to add you to my favorite list. You really do have a cute chicken coop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy! I'm glad you are here.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Please keep your comments kind.

"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." Ephesians 4:29