Saturday, February 29, 2020

A Big Week

  We had a big week here at the cottage.  We were able to get a major project done that had been on our to-do list for 3 years!  Each time we thought we'd be able to do it, it was pushed back for one reason or another.  Surprisingly, at least to me, it didn't take very long and went without a hitch.




 We finally moved the propane tank out of our garden!  Besides making the garden look better (because I care about that sort of thing, remember?), this frees up a good amount of space for us to plant more vegetables. It's also one less thing to weed and till around and one less hiding place for snakes. Oh, and the propane man won't have to come into our garden to fill up the tank.  



 Much better, don't you think?  Of course, moving it was the simple part.  We still had to run the gas line to its new location and hook it back up again.  Thankfully, my dad was here with his trencher to help Colton.



  By about 3:00 that afternoon, they had the trench dug, the line run, and everything all hooked up again.

  Since my dad was here with his trencher, he and Colton also dug the lines to run water and electricity to the garden shed and chicken coop.  This is also huge!   


Trenches to run propane out of the garden and water to the shed and coop

  We are just a few steps away from not having to haul 10 gallons of water to the chickens each time they are running low.  My arms are happy.


A trench to run electricity from the house to the shed

  Colton is hoping to get everything hooked up in the next few days.  Once that is done, all the lines will be buried and I can get back to planting a garden.  

  I'd like to give a special thanks to my dad for all of his help.  He saved us a lot of time, money, and labor.  I'm glad he was a part of helping us create this important part of our life, and we appreciate everything he did to make this happen!

4 comments:

  1. Y'all got a lot accomplished! And being able to do it while saving money is a huge bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are thankful for everything that we were able to get done! Thanks for stopping by, Mandy!

      Delete
  2. Doesn't it feel great to get projects done that you've been wanting done for a long time!!! I love it when family works together helping each other and I can't wait to see what you do with that big garden space! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patsy! I remember telling you at least twice in years past that we were going to move the propane tank and now I can finally say it's done! I'm a little overwhelmed by the size of the garden, but Colton seems pretty confident that I can take care of it, haha!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Please keep your comments kind.

"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." Ephesians 4:29