Friday, October 08, 2021

A New Season

    Hello, friends!  Well, I certainly didn't intend to go this long without blogging, but I surely enjoyed the break from the online world.  Life has its seasons, and this season has been a full one!  It has been so good to simply enjoy life without any "extras" competing for my time and attention.  Now that James is older and taking good naps (hooray!), I find I have little moments in my day that will allow me to get back to some things that were pushed aside.  

    And on that note, I really wanted to announce James's birth when he came!  But we had a bit of a health scare that required lots of doctor appointments, a hospital stay, and me just wanting to spend every precious moment I had with my baby.  Not to mention, I caught the dreaded 'rona just a few days after giving birth!  It was just a lot, friends.  Thanks be to God, we are all healthy and doing well.

    It is strange to look back on my previous blog posts and think of how things were just over a year ago.  When I started this blog, I had a plan for the things I would write about.  Then the world turned itself upside down, life changed, and my focus shifted.  But lately I have felt a reawakened desire to return to this little spot.  I want it to be a place of beauty and inspiration and encouragement.  I also want it to be practical, something you can use, something that might be helpful.  I've been mulling over a few ideas, and while I can't promise regularity, I will do my best to share whatever is put on my heart.  If you are still here, I thank you for following along.



2 comments:

  1. That's what I strive for in my blogging as well. In new season here myself so I'm focused on a two year old grandson that I keep daily and blogging is not top priority. Look forward to your future shares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, I'm glad to have you here! Little ones definitely require lots of attention and a shift in priorities. We have an important job. The internet can get along just fine without us. Our families, however, cannot. ❤

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Please keep your comments kind.

"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." Ephesians 4:29